Sunday, November 11, 2007

My dear prayer warriors,
Today has been a very trying day. We were informed yesterday that the power may be out today from 8 am to 6 pm. I got up to get ready to go to the market and just in case took my shower early. I just got out of the shower and was telling Lordes the lady who sleeps with the babies on the weekend that the power may go out today and it sure enough did at 6:40 am. The power came back on at 5 pm. Needless to say not much laundry got done today.

While we were at the market one of out baskets that we put vegetables in at the market got run over by a truck. Ines was very upset as she was telling the driver the entire time to stop. She made the police take his license until he paid for the basket. He only paid for half but at least we got something. Ines kept saying to the police and the driver “This time it was a basket next time it will be a child”. I love Ines.

I took the 5 older girls and José to church. I made José sit with me and not go to Sunday School with the girls because he has been acting up in the house and I didn’t want the teachers to have to deal with him. After church we went out to eat and then stopped for Ice Cream for all the kids before going home. I gave each child his or her Ice Cream and then we put 3 up for children who were sleeping. During all of this a lady arrived who wanted me to take a 2 month old baby boy. I went to deal with the new baby and José decided he wanted more Ice Cream and got mad when the Tia wouldn’t give him the Ice Cream for the sleeping children. So while the Tia was helping another child with something José left. The Tias were frantic and went looking for him. All of this happened of course during a torrential down pour. I had to go to Puyo and get a Bus ticket to take Edison to School tomorrow and while I was at the Bus station I saw José, he also saw me and took off running. I went to the police station and let them know what happened and where he was.

Dario the 2 month old baby boy is now settled in and doing great. He is healthy and very cute. He is getting use to eating from a bottle and I am sure will be keeping the Tia up tonight but I am also sure he will settle in fast.

Then about 7 pm I went down to get all of Edison’s things and bring he and them upstairs so the would all be ready for our 3:45am bus. Nothing was ready. Some how the cloths that had been washed on Friday night had been mixed in with everything else, I am still not sure that I found everything. Some of it was somehow dirty again. Then when we started washing it the water went out. They are washing PJ’s for him by hand right now and the other things that were dirty are in the drier.

Well so are the days at Casa de Fe, never a dull moment and always things to pray about.

Please pray for me. I am mourning the loss of the prodigal son. I was really at the end of my rope with José and not sure what else I could have done but it would not have been to throw him back. I know some are thinking that it is good that he is gone again but each opportunity we have is one more opportunity to show him God’s love. Please pray that my heart is never hardened, that I, until I am called home cry for the lost sheep and continue to search for the lost coin. Our tears are never wasted and our prayers never fall on deaf ears.

God bless you all.
In His graspPatti Sue

No comments: